Why polish concrete?
Polished concrete is increasing in popularity, not only for its clean, sleek, and modern appearance, but for its cost effectiveness, sustainability, durability, availability, and health benefits. As the most versatile and durable flooring option available on the market today, the demand for polished concrete is on the rise for many different applications including homes, workplaces and other industrial buildings, churches, warehouses, restaurants, schools, stores, and more. Superabrasive has introduced InovaCrete®, a new kind of professionally polished concrete floors, using the Lavina system.
What is InovaCrete®?
InovaCrete® is a clearly specified, yet extremely versatile, polished concrete flooring which can only be achieved by following the InovaCrete® system, a new efficient, fast and easy polishing system that is perfect for big box stores and other commercial projects.
InovaCrete® is cost effective:
- In most cases, an existing concrete slab may be utilized, eliminating the need for any additional installation
- Never needs to be replaced; polished concrete is impervious to rot, corrosion, fire, and damage caused by moisture
- Life-cycle cost is less than any other flooring alternative, including hardwood, carpet, vinyl, ceramic tile, terrazzo, concrete overlays, and concrete coatings
- Polished concrete is scratch-resistant and requires very little maintenance
Green Benefits of Polished Concrete:
- LEED Friendly - All required chemical products are LEED friendly
- Cost Effective - Polished concrete will reduce energy and maintenance costs significantly due to its extended life cycle, improved reflectivity and ambient lighting, reduction in maintenance and reduced tire wear
- Light Reflectivity and Daylighting - Inovacrete polished concrete increases a room's light reflectivity, thereby reducing the amount of artificial light required to illuminate and the energy required to heat the space
- Polished Concrete is also compliant with the AIA's Efficient Lighting and Daylighting sustainable design components
- Sustainable Design - Concrete is recognized as a sustainable design material by the AIA and US Green Building Council
- Air Quality - Better air quality as concrete does not contain any VOCs
- Waste Reduction - Utilizing concrete reduces life-cycle costs and construction waste
InovaCrete Polished Concrete Specification