QuickChange Metal Bond | PCDs | Calibra ceramic discs | Brazed pads for lippage
Attaching QuickChange Tools to LAVINA® S Machines
QuickChange tooling can be mounted directly to the new S series machines on the new floating heads, meaning that QuickChange plates are not needed for these models. S series machines will still require foam plates for attaching Velcro-backed tooling, and there are special foam plates designed specifically for S machines.
LAVINA® PRO and SPS machines will still require QuickChange plates for mounting QuickChange tooling. Plates for PRO and SPS machines are not compatible with plates for S series machines.
QuickChange Metal Bond
- QuickChange plates are available in many sizes, including 7, 8, 9, 10 5/8, and 13.5 inches
- Each plate holds either 3 or 6 pads, and each trapezoid pad features either one or two metal bonded buttons, allowing the operator to control the speed and aggressiveness of the grind
- Available in bonds specific for Soft concrete (yellow), Medium concrete (gray), Hard concrete (red), and now also for Super Hard Concrete (gold)
- The trapezoid style pads easily slide in and out of a reusable plate, with no bolting required!
- Two button tools are designed for heavier machines, and ar enot recommended for machines smaller than 25 inch
- Single button tools are designed for lighter machines, or where aggressive stock removal is required
- Standard metal button QuickChange tooling is universal, for all directions of rotation.
PCD Tools for Epoxy and Coating Removal
Superabrasive's PCD tools are available with the same QuickChange technology as the standard metals
- The PCDs are very effective for stock and coatings removal
- Available for both right- and left-hand rotation, for a variety of machines
- All Lavina machines WITH THE EXCEPTION OF PROPANE MODELS require standard right-hand rotation tools. Both propane models require LEFT-hand rotation tooling.
Calibra Ceramic Discs
- Superabrasive's Calibra ceramic discs are an excellent solution for the removal of difficult scratches left behind by the metal bond grinding steps
- Calibra discs are composed of a special hybrid ceramic bond and are designed for hard concrete applications; the life of Calibra is shorter when used on softer floors
- 3 inch size; velcro-backed; offered in 30, 50, 100 and 200 grits
- For wet and dry applications
Another option for grinding hard concrete is using the Cementina metal bond discs. For soft concrete/terrazzo grinding, we recommend the special Cementina terrazzo bond. The Cementina grinding discs are best suited for lightweight machines, such as LAVINA® 16 and LAVINA® 20-S, which have a relative grinding pressure of 2 to 6 lbs per square inch. Cementina achieves a very smooth and uniform finish, preparing the floor for resin polishing steps, if desired. Recommened for wet applications.
Brazed Pads for Lippage Removal
- Superabrasive's brazed pads are recommended for lippage grinding, floor leveling, as well as thin coating removal
- Perform excellently on concrete, natural, and engineered stone
- Designed for wet applications only
- Offered in 3 and 4 inch sizes; velcro-backed